Saturday, November 11, 2017

European Triptych: France, Eastern Europe and Germany--Off We Go!

Plattsburgh, NY
November 11, 2017
Latitude 44˚ 58’

Here I go.  The European Triptych--equal parts in France (Paris and Western Front), Latvia and Lithuania and German (Christmas Markets) then back to Paris via Christmas Markets in Strasbourgh.

I am deliberately going out of my comfort zone--not only in places to visit but with language.  I have become too comfortable in Mexico and the Spanish speaking world.  Plus, in talking with a 73 year old friend recently, I've come to hear once again how easy it is to stay home in the your 70's, how difficult it is to get out.  I don't want that to happen., so I have to help that along.

I am a strong advocate of the Little Engine that Could.  "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."  I have no doubt the little engine will ultimately said, "I knew I could, I knew I could, I knew I could."

I have a violent headache, am anxious and nervous, and afraid.  Which is the very reason I'm heading off into all parts previously unknown.  I do not want to lose the ability to travel solo.

Air Canada to Paris tonight.  Paris tomorrow.

-->
Here I go...
-->

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dan,
    You can do it
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”
    ― Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad/Roughing It

    ReplyDelete