Saturday, October 8, 2011

Here We Go: Part 3 -- Florida

Daytona Beach, Florida
October 9, 2011

In the annals of Ladue family lore, the mere seven letter word FLORIDA was able to elicit a hug range of emotion. To my father, it was parqdise lost, an almost-perfect-place to live. For my mother it was more than just the opposite. For me...for me it was always one of those places that, since the early 1950's, I've continually gone to, enjoyed, and looked forward returning to.

And so I'm here, in the third phase of this trip. This is the shortest of all parts--ten days spent visiting friend, mostly from my NCCS days. First will be time spent with my college roommate, Dan Spink. I'll then visit my vry first principal, Seth Bliven. There will be be a few days on the beaches of Venice/Nokomis where my parents lived for many years, then I head south to Naples to visit two more groups of people. Finally it will bring me across the state to Miami, where I will fly out on the 15th.

Here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment