Friday, August 13, 2010

Mexico Redux--June 2010

June 20, 2010
Mexico City

The events of spring 2010 had become too much and it was time for a change of scenery. I'd come to Mexico in the Fall of 2009, just when Mom began to fail. This was to be, I thought, a sort of book-end, to enclose the events of fall/winter/spring.

So, on June 3rd I left Montreal for a 27 day trip that would bring me primarily to Mexico City, then on the the stark and gorgeous beach town of Zipolite, eight hours south of Acapulco, on the west coast, then to Zitacuaro, where I would meet Jose Guadalupe, the boy I sponsor through Christian Children's Fund.

Let the photos suffice
Jose and his family

Zipolite






The wild Zipolite surf.


A horse ride along a deserted beach brought me to this plane wreck on the beach.










A nature preserve with boas, crocodiles, deer and monkeys.


The wild, Pacific coast of Mexico
























































Let the photos suffice...

No comments:

Post a Comment