Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Latitude 12° 03' S : Ica, Lima and Trips´s end


Lima, Peru
March 15, 2010

For me, it´s hard to leave the desert, especially in March. This was 50% about the weather--hot, dry, sunny, cloudless. But my time was running out and there were things I wanted to do, return to, and see again.

After Nazca I spent a wonderful Sunday in Ica at the same hotel I stayed at in January. Grapes that were green in the nearby vineyards were now harvest ready--purple and rich. That particular weekend was the annual Grape Harvest weekend and the city was loaded with people from out of town. It´s sunny and hot and a good escape from Lima, four hours away.

I really did nothing except a) enjoy the pool and b) return to the best restaurant of my 10 week trip.

On the 14th I returned to the gray gloom of Lima. In four visits here I´ve only seen sunny days two or three times. A lot of it is smog, but a good portion of it is mist from the ocean that never burns off. But when it's nice...the sunsets from shore are spectacular.

But matters at home drew me north, and I left Lima on the evening of March 18th. Lima--Bogota--Toronto--Montreal--Plattsburgh.

Another trip down!

No comments:

Post a Comment